A recipe from
Adapted from Gourmet Magazine
These easy and reliable popovers are delicious and great to bake with kids. A special popover pan is best for an impressive rise.
1 cup sifted all purpose flour
½ tsp salt
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup whole milk
Unsalted butter for the pan
Preheat the oven to 450°
- Sift and the measure the flour and add the salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and stir in the milk.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Put a dab of butter in each popover cup, and preheat the pan for 5 minutes.
- Fill each cup half way with the batter. Hint: Use a pitcher.
- Bake for 20 minutes, reduce the heat to 375° and bake 20 minutes more until golden brown and crisp. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR.
- Serve hot with butter and jam or honey.