A recipe from
Banana Crunch Cake
Makes one 8-inch square cake
½ cup salted butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs at room temperature
1 cup mashed bananas (be generous — about three bananas)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats, ground fine in a food processor
¾ cup all purpose four
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup oats (not ground)
3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp salted butter, melted
(2 Tbsp chopped walnuts — optional)
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in mashed banana, eggs, and vanilla.
- Gradually add combined dry ingredients to the bananas, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Sprinkle crunch topping evenly over batter.
Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
NOTE: If you like the combination of chocolate and banana toss in a handful of chocolate chips with the dry ingredients.
Feel free to add chopped walnuts to the batter if you wish.
You can use this cake to make muffins, either standard or mini. The baking time will be shorter.